Here Are Some Tips To Follow If You Are Thinking About Blogging As A Home Based Business
If you like writing then you could consider blogging as a home based business. There are millions of people all around the world who make a full time income just from blogging.
Also if you have a lot of spare time on your hands then blogging as a home based business may be the perfect business model for you.
So why blog in the first place? Well it is a great medium for you to get your message out there for people who are interested in the same things as you are.
Also it positions you as an authority in your chosen field and people will come to you and be confident that you know what you are talking about.
Also blogging is a free marketing method, it does not cost you anything apart from the time you put into it. You can attract what is called organic traffic from the search engines as long as you do you keyword research and formatting correctly.
Blogging can also be a great revenue generator, there are methods that you can monetize your content and with advertisement placement in the form of banners.
Here Are Some Tips If You Are Thinking About Blogging As A Home Based Business
- Choose a domain name that matches the niche or industry that you create you blog on.
- Choose a theme that also matches the niche or industry your blog is about.
- Try and choose a topic that you are passionate about. This helps because the content you create will be really high quality.
- Keep things simple. The layout of your site, your header image and navigation menus.
- Talk to your reader as if you know them or they are a friend.
- Have an opt-in box on your home page to collect subscribers.
- Monetize your site with affiliate offers. This can be done with text links or banners.
- Tell people about you. Your story, what your values are and your mission.
- Offer plenty of ways for people to contact you.
- Put regular content on your blog. Four post a week should be the minimum.
- Inform, educate, be factual, be humorous and be you in the content that you write or shoot videos on.
- Do blog posts of around 400 – 700 words. This is the sweet spot for people to consume.
- Add images to your posts. High quality images that are impactful.
- Always add value to your readers life.
- Have fun. Enjoy blogging, this is now going to be your career.
So now you know some invaluable tips on how to use blogging as a home based business. .
To your success.
Digital Marketer & Home Business Coach
Pete Harris – Blogging As A Home Based Business – Top Of Page